The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour comes to Howey-in-the-Hills, FL
The 54 Hole Challenge at Mission Inn is scheduled to take place September 3-5, 2016
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) invites you to participate in The 54 Hole Challenge at Mission Inn! This exciting event will be held at the Mission Inn – El Campeon located in Howey-in-the-Hills, Florida. Do not miss out on this great opportunity to play at a cherished golf course! This event offers 3-days and 54-holes of quality competition. All three rounds will begin with a Single Tee start at 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. The Award Ceremony will commence following the final round at approximately 1:00 p.m. Registration is $259 for HJGT members and $309 for non-members. Approximate Yardages for The 54 Hole Challenge at Mission Inn are as follows: Boys 10U: 4,800; Girls 13U: 5,101; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,796; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,746. The 54 Hole Challenge at Mission Inn is open to all golfers between the ages of 8-18. The event will have Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS) and winners in each division will receive an exemption into the 2016 Tour Championship December 3-4, 2016. Top 10 finishers receive points towards year end honors which include state teams, ALL HJGT teams, and the Hurricane Cup.
American Junior Golf Association
- Girls 14-18 Champion= 4 Performance Stars, Girls 14-18 Top 3= 1 Performance Star
- This event has guaranteed AJGA stars for the divisions noted above. If a division is not listed above as guaranteed AJGA stars and the event meets the minimum requirements for any age division we will submit it to the AJGA for their consideration. The minimums are as follows: Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18= 40 players, Boys 11-13= 20 players, Girls 14-18= 12 players, and Girls under 13= 6 players.
Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Ranking available for any age division in which five or more competitors complete at least a 36-hole event.
El Campéon, built in 1917, is one of the South's oldest golf courses. Chicago-based course architect, George O'Neil, and with further enhancements in 1926 by Charles E. Clarke of Troon, Scotland, blended unusual Central Florida elevation changes of more than 85 feet with features of traditional golf design. Rolling fairways and undulating greens only begin to characterize El Campéon. This Orlando area course's signature hole is the par 5, 17th, a long, double dogleg that has more obstacles than some entire courses!
Just the Basics
September 3-5, 2016
Mission Inn – El Campeon
Registration Deadline: August 24
Follow the Action
- Pairings, live leaderboards, scorecards and more can be found on our Tournament Page
- To see live photos from the event check out our Instagram and for post-round galleries after each round, visit our Facebook page
- Photos, videos and more live from the event can also be found on the HJGT Twitter page
Post-tournament videos and champions interviews are posted on the HJGT YouTube page on the day after the