The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour comes to Pawleys Island, SC
The Myrtle Beach Junior Open is scheduled to take place August 13-14, 2016
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) invites you to participate in the Myrtle Beach Junior Open! This exciting event will be held at the True Blue Plantation located in Pawleys Island, SC. Do not miss out on this great opportunity to play at a cherished golf course!
This event offers 2-days and 36-holes of quality competition. The first round will begin with a double tee start at 12:40 p.m. – 1:50 p.m. and the second round will begin with a double tee start at 12:40 p.m. – 1:50 p.m. The Award Ceremony will commence following the final round at approximately 7:00 p.m. Registration is $195 for HJGT members and $245 for non-members.
Approximate Yardages for the Myrtle Beach Junior Open are as follows: Boys 10U: 4,789; Girls 13U: 5,093; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,742; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,732.
The Myrtle Beach Junior Open is open to all golfers between the ages of 8-18. The event will have Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS) and winners in each division will receive an exemption into the 2016 Tour Championship December 3-4, 2016. Top 10 finishers receive points towards year end honors which include state teams, ALL HJGT teams, and the Hurricane Cup.
American Junior Golf Association
- This event has guaranteed AJGA stars for the divisions noted above. If a division is not listed above as guaranteed AJGA stars and the event meets the minimum requirements for any age division we will submit it to the AJGA for their consideration. The minimums are as follows: Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18= 40 players, Boys 11-13= 20 players, Girls 14-18= 12 players, and Girls under 13= 6 players.
Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Ranking available for any age division in which five or more competitors complete at least a 36-hole event.
Perched some 800 feet above the Hudson River with stunning views of the rugged Hudson Highlands terrain as its backdrop, few courses in the country are favored with as lovely a setting. Designed in 1961 by architect Dick Wilson as a challenging highlands course, it is characterized by a varied topography with woodsy, rolling hills, many elevation changes, and tough tee shots over deep ravines, side hill lies and challenging greens.
Just the Basics
True Blue Golf Plantation
Pawleys Islans, SC
Registration Deadline: August 3
Follow the Action
- Pairings, live leaderboards, scorecards and more can be found on our Tournament Page
- To see live photos from the event check out our Instagram and for post-round galleries after each round, visit our Facebook page
- Photos, videos and more live from the event can also be found on the HJGT Twitter page
- Post-tournament videos and champions interviews are posted on the HJGT YouTube page on the day after the event