Junior Golf Scoreboard
All HJGT events on our schedule are ranked by JGS. To be eligible to be ranked in The Junior Golf Scoreboard rankings a player must meet the following criteria:
- Has competed in 4 multi-day stroke play tournaments within the last 365 days for which we have received the results and they are listed by the same name and hometown.
- Had their high school graduation year in their tournament record
- Still be in high school or prior to August 1 after graduation.
- Has competed in an age group that:
- Completes at least 36 holes
- Has a minimum of five competitors that complete all scheduled rounds
- Has played from a minimum of 4,500 yards and not shorter than the forward most USGA rated tee
- There is no stroke limit rule in place
How the Rankings are Computed:
We use three criteria to compute a players overall rank and against all players within their graduation class.
Strength of Field
Strength of Finish
Special Note: The Junior Golf Scoreboard has made a conscious effort to rely more on scoring than on how big the tournaments were that a competitor played in. Selected national tournaments still play an important role in determining the rankings, but the system also lets any multi-day stroke play tournament count. The Junior Golf Scoreboard believes this will make for a more inclusive approach and will bring recognition to more players.
For additional information on the Junior Golf Scoreboard, please visit their website, www.juniorgolfscoreboard.com.
American Junior Golf Association Performance Based Entry
The American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) utilizes a Performance Based Entry process. This enables 12-18-year-old members to earn their way into AJGA Open tournaments based on performances at the national, regional and state levels. The player’s performance, not the AJGA, dictates acceptance into an event. The expanded opportunities to gain entry into AJGA events through success at the state and regional levels ensure all deserving juniors receive an opportunity to play in an AJGA event. To find out which HJGT events have guaranteed AJGA stars please visit each tournaments info page by clicking 2018 Tournament Schedule.
Golfweek/Titleist Junior Rankings
The following list is an explanation of each category Sagarin uses to formulate his rankings.
Please visit the schedule to find a list of events ranked by Golfweek. 2018 Tournament Schedule