Junior Golf Scoreboard
All HJGT events on our schedule are ranked by JGS. To be eligible to be ranked in The Junior Golf Scoreboard rankings a player must meet the following criteria:
- Has competed in 4 multi-day stroke play tournaments within the last 365 days for which we have received the results and they are listed by the same name and hometown.
- Had their high school graduation year in their tournament record
- Still be in high school or prior to August 1 after graduation.
- Has competed in an age group that:
- Completes at least 36 holes
- Has a minimum of five competitors that complete all scheduled rounds
- Has played from a minimum of 4,500 yards and not shorter than the forward most USGA rated tee
- There is no stroke limit rule in place
How the Rankings are Computed:
We use three criteria to compute a players overall rank and against all players within their graduation class.
Strength of Field
Strength of Finish
Special Note: The Junior Golf Scoreboard has made a conscious effort to rely more on scoring than on how big the tournaments were that a competitor played in. Selected national tournaments still play an important role in determining the rankings, but the system also lets any multi-day stroke play tournament count. The Junior Golf Scoreboard believes this will make for a more inclusive approach and will bring recognition to more players.
For additional information on the Junior Golf Scoreboard, please visit their website, www.juniorgolfscoreboard.com.
Golfweek/Titleist Junior Rankings
The following list is an explanation of each category Sagarin uses to formulate his rankings.
Please visit the schedule to find a list of events ranked by Golfweek. 2018 Tournament Schedule