"My favorite part of interning and working for the company were the people that I met. Interns come from all across the country so being able to work with so many different backgrounds in the same place was great you will gain valuable experience from this internship that you will use throughout your career." - Murphy O'Brien
An internship marks that crucial stepping stone between college and career that gives you the opportunities to get hands on experience in the profession you’re passion about, while networking and making connections that can last a lifetime.
HJGT takes immense pride in offering college students an unforgettable internship opportunity working alongside our marketing team, where interns can increase their marketing skills by being actively involved in all aspects of marketing, promotion, and administrative work for the HJGT and the HCAT (Collegiate Tour) under the direct supervision and mentorship of 3-4 full time staff members.
When you intern with HJGT, you’re part of a team that takes your future seriously. Get real-time marketing/sales experience with...
- Pre- and Post-Press Releases
- Constant Website Updates
- Sales and Marketing of Tour and Upcoming Tournaments
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
- Online retail sales, marketing, and customer service
- Hotel relations
- Tour Promotions
- Create weekly tournament videos for YouTube upload
- Sponsorship strategies
- Partnership contributions
- Contract negotiation
Work closely with sales and marketing professionals while enjoying a multitude of benefits…
- College credit for an educational experience that puts you right in the middle of the action
- Travel the country
- Access to 3 golf courses at Orange County NTL. Interns can play Crooked Cat and Panther Lake for $25 and the Tooth for $5
- Daily lunch deals and specials at Orange County National
- Employee discounts on most major golf equipment and apparel (Generally 30-50% off retail)
- Hands on experience and to learn every aspect of tournament operations, retail marketing, and video productions.
- Resume building workshops
- Classroom sessions with HJGT employees to assist with career planning
- Recommendation letters from full time employees
- Networking events
Ready to join the nation’s largest junior golf tour? HJGT is now accepting applications for Fall 2020!
Located at our headquarters at Orange County National Golf Course in Winter Garden, FL, Normal marketing hours are Monday-Friday 9am-5pm with 2 days of free time per week.
This internship is unpaid, although HJGT provides 100% FREE, fully furnished housing at Tuscana Resort in Orlando, FL. Amenities include full pool, cabanas, gym, movie theater, and restaurant. Click here to view video of our 2 condos at Tuscana.
The Fall application deadline is July 31st, 2020and the spring program runs from August 2020 to December 2020. The Marketing and Administrative Interns team consists of 7 to 10 interns. Students will be able to use the HJGT internship for college credit. Your institution will decide the amount of credits. All interns must be eliglible to recieve college credit for this internship.
- Sales and Marketing experience (preferred)
- Interest for the sport of golf (preferred)
- Great organizational skills
- Ability to handle an aggressive environment and work schedule
- Working towards bachelor degree or masters
- Willingness to work 40 hours per week
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated and hard-working
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Strong customer service skills
Apply now for the Summer! The application deadline is March 27th, 2019. Summer Date Ranges: May - August.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews after the review of your application through TeamWork Online