At HJGT, we are all golf enthusiasts who believe that work satisfaction starts with doing what you love. That’s why we aim to offer job positions that put our employees right, front and center with the game of golf, with attractive benefits that seek to compensate fairly while giving our employees room for growth, advancement and most of all- a long term career they can be proud of working with the largest junior golf tour in the nation.
- Fast growing national golf company with established reputation and opportunities for career growth
- Competitive salary, 401K, health insurance, and exciting work environment for any golf enthusiast
- Perfect position for a self-starter who loves to travel and work with young golfers to grow the game
HJGT is now hiring a Tournament Director!
Based in Orlando, FL, the right fit for this position is an energetic self starter with adept leadership skills and a passion for the game of golf.
As tournament director, you’ll be in charge of supervising 5-7 interns in the office and on site at tournaments. Extensive travel, typically a minimum of 3-4 weekends per month across the country, is required. Tournament directors may be on the road for up to 2 weeks at a time without returning home, depending on the schedule.
- Daily Management of Interns, Volunteers, and Rules
- Manage Golf Course & sponsorship relations
- Tournament Set Up and breakdown
- Starting and Scoring of Players
- On course rules officiating
- Scoreboard Set up
- Marking of golf course and hole locations
- Press Releases & Web site Updates
- Sales and Marketing assistance during office days
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Extensive Rules of Golf Knowledge & passion for the game
- Managerial experience, strong leadership skills
- Strong sense of customer service
- Great organizational skills
- Willing and able to work 50-55 hours per week, & travel 3 nights per week with other staff members
- Travel weekly on an airplane
- Able to lift minimum 20 pounds
- Valid, clean driver’s license
Tour Director Compensation Package:
- Annual Salary based on experience. Opportunities for upward growth based on performance
- Profit sharing opportunities
- Hotel Accommodations while traveling and food stipend
- Staff Uniforms (Pants, Shorts, Shirts, Jackets)
- Discount golfing at area golf courses
- Paid vacation
- Paid annual golf trip to Albany, Bahamas for you and guests
- Health Insurance
Join the HJGT family!
Apply now for the HJGT tournament director position by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.