Join the HJGT family!
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including nights and weekend to reflect the business needs of the company. Hurricane Junior Golf Tour is an equal opportunity employer and we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or any other classification protected by law.
Position: Tournament Director - Full Time – Exempt Status
Location: Winter Garden, FL
Execute & run of a minimum of 45 Tournaments per year. Responsible for all aspects of these tournaments operationally
- Personally run and manage up to 45 events annually
- Daily Management of Associates, Volunteers, and Rules Officials
- Manage Golf Course relations (required to notify all of your events inside 90 days.)
- Tournament Set Up and breakdown
- Management of weekly item checklists
- Execute onsite sales, marketing, sponsorship, and lead generation plans
- Proper Maintenance of van and trailers. Provide weekly report of van/trailers to DOO.
- Manage and maintain all inventory
- Manage all HJGT tour policies, which includes but not limited to hotel policy, write up policy, truck policy, office policy, drug and alcohol policy and housing policy.
- Manage budget for Associate meals
- Successful completion of staff meals for arrival into town, setup day, and tournament days. (4 staff meals are expected for all teams)
- Prepare all tournament yardages for events you are assigned to 6 months in advance.
- Pictures to each info page on Blue golf as the tournament directors. Must be up 4 months in advance.
- Manage Associate teams schedule/hours
- Management of all HJGT yardages, ratings, and slopes (must be in place 6 months before event). Work with other TD’s inside 12 days to determine if changes are needed.
- Management of all HJGT tee times. Verify they are released 3 days before the first round, they appear on the website, emailed out, and texted out.
- Sit in on weekly conference calls with other DOO and TD’s.
- Manage and update live scoring throughout each round every 30 minutes.
- Manage results submissions and HJGT points distributions.
- All info pages set up properly.
- Perform One on one meetings with Associates twice per month.
- Create new innovative ways to manage and run events
- Manage all HJGT course contracts for your responsible events minimum 90 days in advance.