“I am now working with the Miami Marlins, so by being a Tournament Operations Intern, I learned how to work the different hours in the sports industry. It was a great networking community and I still talk to them to this day...being in this environment really helped me make lasting networking relationships.”- Ashley M., Game Services Coordinator at Miami Marlins
An internship marks that crucial stepping stone between college and career that gives you the opportunities to get hands on experience in the profession you’re passion about, while networking and making connections that can last a lifetime.
HJGT takes immense pride in offering college students an unforgettable internship working alongside with our tournament operations team. Our interns get the unique opportunity to learn exactly what it takes to operate golf tournaments through active involvement in all aspects of tournament operations, from course setup to course breakdown, under the direct supervision and mentorship of HJGT staff members.
This internship requires extensive travel- around 3 to 4 weekends per month- across the country via company van: Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Alabama, Kentucky, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Colorado, Missouri, Illinois, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Texas, Minnesota, Iowa, California, Arizona, New Jersey, and North Carolina.
When interns are not traveling they will be provided business operation training in the office, working closely with HJGT staff members and the Director of Marketing to prepare for upcoming tournaments.
Normal business operation hours are 9am-5pm and some weekend hours. Interns will receive up to two days of free time per week.
When you intern with HJGT, you’re part of a team that takes your future seriously. Get hands-on operations experience with...
- Pre- and Post-Press Releases
- Constant Website Updates
- Sales and Marketing of Tour and Upcoming Tournaments
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn)
- Hotel relations and course scheduling
- Tour Promotions
- Create Weekly tournament videos uploaded to YouTube
- Tournament Set-Up and Preparation Includes, but is not limited to:
- Marking of Golf Course
- Tee and Hole Locations
- Scoreboard Set-Up
- Utility Set-Up
- Tournament Duties Includes, but is not limited to:
- Starting and Scoring of Players
- On Course Rules Officiating
- Pace of Play Management
Work closely with all levels of golf professionals while enjoying a multitude of benefits…
- College credit for getting hands on, Once in a lifetime educational experience
- Travel the country
- Provided with fully furnished housing
- Employee discounts on most major golf equipment and apparel (Generally 30-50% off retail)
- Hands on experience and to learn every aspect of tournament operations, retail marketing, and video productions.
- Resume building workshops
- Classroom sessions with HJGT employees to assist with career planning
- Recommendation letters from full time employees
- Free and discounted golf each week on the road at differnt courses
- Networking events
Ready to join the nation’s largest junior golf tour? HJGT is now accepting applications for Spring 2019!
This internship is unpaid, although HJGT provides 100% FREE, fully furnished housing in multiple locations. HJGT will cover most travel expenses and housing, including:
- Hotel Accommodation
- Van transportation to and from tournaments
- Some meals while traveling to and from tournaments
The Tournament Operations Interns are split into six different teams, each consisting of 3-5 interns. The teams are located in different houses/hotels and states in order to make traveling to tournaments more convenient. Each intern is supervised by a full time employee with ratio of no more than 6 interns to 1 full time Tournament Director. Students will be able to use the HJGT internship for college credit. Your institution will decide the amount of credits. All interns must be enrolled in at least one credit.
Apply now for the Spring! The application deadline is November 1st, 2018. Spring Date Ranges: January - May.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews after the review of your application through TeamWork Online.