The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour Comes to the Seattle Area
Jacksonville, Florida: The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) invites you to play in our first ever event in Washington! The Washington Kickoff will be held at two sites: McCormick Woods in Port Orchard and Canterwood Golf & Country Club in Gig Harbor on March 12-13. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to compete at two of the Seattle area’s finest courses!
This event is the first of three coming to the Seattle area in March and April, as well as the first of 14 events coming to Washington and Oregon in 2016 presented by the HJGT and the Northwest Junior Golf Tour (NJrGT). This exciting new partnership will provide junior golfers in the Pacific Northwest with the opportunity to play on a competitive, national stage. More information on this partnership can be found at the bottom of the page.
The Washington Kickoff is open to all golfers between the ages of 8-18. The event will have Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS), winners in each division will receive an invitation to the 2016 Tour Championship on Dec. 3-4, top three in each division will receive an invitation to the 2016 Mid Season Invitational at Chateau Elan on June 11-13 and top-10 finishers receive points towards year end honors which include state teams, ALL HJGT teams, and the Hurricane Cup.
Also, players in the states of TX, AZ, CA, NV, CO, WA, and OR who place on their respective HJGT Hurricane Cup team will earn a no-cost, Hurricane Cup exemption as well as a complimentary 2-night hotel stay courtesy of the HJGT! Full package includes 54 holes of golf, a welcome dinner, $100 in registration gifts, and a two-night hotel stay ($300 value). To see current placement on your respective team, and more info, copy and paste the URL into your browser below. Also, check out our 2015 Hurricane Cup video to see the type of event we have in store for you.
Hurricane Cup Standings http://hurricanegolf.wpengine.com/news/2015-hurricane-cup/
2015 Hurricane Cup video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MVXivLWz7Q
American Junior Golf Association:
- These events do not have guaranteed AJGA stars. If this event meets the minimum requirements for any age division we will submit it to the AJGA for consideration. The minimums are as follows: Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18 = 40 players, Boys 11-13 = 20 players, Girls 14-18 = 12 players, and Girls under 13 = 6 players.
Junior Golf Scoreboard:
- Ranking is available for any division in which five or more competitors complete at least a 36-hole event.
- Hurricane Junior Golf Tour, Northwest Junior Golf Tour Team Up
- Premiere junior golf in the Pacific Northwest is brought to the national stage
- The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) and the Northwest Junior Golf Tour (NJrGT) are proud to announce a partnership to better provide junior golfers in the Pacific Northwest with the opportunity to play on a competitive, national stage. The partnership is an integral part of HJGT’s expansion effort to provide tournaments coast-to-coast in 2016 as the largest junior golf tour in the country. Jeff Mehlert, Executive Director of NJrGT, has hosted junior golf tournaments in the Pacific Northwest for the past 17 years. Mehlert’s partnership with Mario Conte, Executive Director of HJGT, allows his players to compete in nationally ranked events and the opportunity to earn invitations to the prestigious Hurricane Cup in November, as well as the HJGT National Championship in December. Junior golfers will also have the opportunity to become a member of the HJGT at no cost during the introductory year. “We believe that by both parties working together we can offer the kids a stronger competitive environment that will build college golf resumes,” Mehlert and Conte said. The HJGT will offer more than 240 events in 32 states in 2016, and 14 events throughout Washington and Oregon. Currently the HJGT hosts more two-day, nationally ranked events than any other junior golf tour in the United States. The 2016 schedule includes 14 tournaments presented by HJGT and NJrGT, which start in March and continue through December. The tours will be traveling to courses throughout the Pacific Northwest, starting in Port Orchard, Washington, and ending in Bandon, Oregon. To see the full schedule and find out more about memberships, visit hjgt.org