The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour comes to Ottawa Lake
The Toledo Junior Challenge is scheduled to take place June 11-12
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) invites you to participate in the Toledo Junior Challenge! This exciting event will be held at The Legacy Golf Club located in the beautiful Ottawa Lake, Michigan. Do not miss out on this great opportunity to play at this unique and stunning golf course. This event offers 2-days and 36-holes of quality competition. The first round will begin with a single tee start from 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. and the final round being 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. The Award Ceremony will commence following the final round at approximately 8:00 p.m. Registration is $195 for HJGT members and $245 for non-members. Approximate Yardages for the Toledo Junior Challenge are as follows: Boys 10U: 5,007; Girls 13U: 5,110; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,754; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,738. The Toledo Junior Challenge is open to all golfers between the ages of 8-18. The event will have Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS) and winners in each division will receive an invitation to the 2016 National Championship, Dec. 3-4. Top 10 finishers receive points towards year end honors which include state teams, ALL HJGT teams, and the Hurricane Cup.
American Junior Golf Association
- This event does not have guaranteed AJGA stars. If this event meets the minimum requirements for any age division we will submit it to the AJGA for their consideration. The minimums are as follows: Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18= 40 players, Boys 11-13= 20 players, Girls 14-18= 12 players, and Girls under 13= 6 players.
Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Ranking available for any age division in which five or more competitors complete at least a 36-hole event.
The Legacy Golf Club designed by Arthur Hills, is a public course with exceptional scenery. The course consists of two-hundred acres and five lakes, which add to the beauty and splendor of the 18-hole masterpiece. This course defines the definition of tradition in that it shows the uniqueness and majesty of the game of golf. Approximate Yardages for the Toledo Junior Challenge are as follows: Boys 10U: 5,007; Girls 13U: 5,355; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,754; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,738.
Just the Basics
The Legacy Golf Club
Ottawa Lake, Michigan
Registration Deadline: June 1
Follow the Action
- Pairings, live leaderboards, scorecards and more can be found on our Tournament page
- To see live photos from the event check out our Instagramand for post-round galleries after each round, visit our Facebook page
- Photos, videos and more live from the event can also be found on the HJGT Twitterpage
- Post-tournament videos and champions interviews are posted on the HJGT YouTubepage on the day after the event