The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour comes to Kiawah Island, SC
The Winter Classic at the Ocean Course will take place on Dec 17 - 18, 2016
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) invites you to participate in the Winter Classic at the Ocean Course! This exciting event will be held at the Kiawah Island Golf Resort - Ocean Course, in Kiawah Island, SC. Do not miss out on this great opportunity to play at this outstanding course!
This event offers 2-days and 36-holes of quality competition. The first round will begin with a single tee start from 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM and the final round being at 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM. The Award Ceremony will commence following the final round at approximately 1:30 PM. Registration is $259 for HJGT members and $259 for non-members.
Approximate Yardages for the Winter Classic at the Ocean Course are as follows: Boys 10U: 4,999: Girls 13U: 5,292; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,670; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,559.
The Winter Classic at the Ocean Course is open to all golfers between the ages of 8-18. The event will have Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS) and winners in each division will receive an exemption into the 2016 Tour Championship December 3-4, 2016. Top 10 finishers receive points towards year end honors which include state teams, ALL HJGT teams, and the Hurricane Cup.
American Junior Golf Association
- This event does not have guaranteed AJGA stars for the Boys divisions noted above. If a division is not listed above as guaranteed AJGA stars and the event meets the minimum requirements for any age division we will submit it to the AJGA for consideration. The minimums are as follows: Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18 = 40 players, Boys 11-13 = 20 players, Girls 14-18 = 12 players, and Girls under 13 = 6 players
Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Ranking available for any age division in which five or more competitors complete at least a 36-hole event.
The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island Golf Resort hosted the 2007 Senior PGA and the 2012 PGA Championships. The Ocean Course will become only the fourth course to have hosted each of the PGA of America's major championships. Probably no other golf course in the world outside of the United Kingdom and Ireland is affected as much by the wind. From one round to the next, a player can experience up to an 8-club difference on holes depending upon the direction and strength of the wind. Built in 1991 by Pete Dye, there are no prevailing winds on the course. Dye took this into account when designing the course. In fact, he designed two courses into one – one for an easterly wind and one for a westerly wind. Do not miss you chance to plat at this amazing course! Approximate Yardages for the Winter Classic at the Ocean Course are as follows: Boys 10U: 4,999: Girls 13U: 5,292; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,670; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,559.
Just the Basics
The Kiawah Island Golf Resort - Ocean Course
Dec 17 - 18, 2016
Kiawah Island, SC
Registration Deadline: Dec 7.
Follow the Action
- Pairings, live leaderboards, scorecards and more can be found on our Tournament page
- To see live photos from the event check out our Instagram and for post-round galleries after each round, visit our Facebook page
- Photos, videos and more live from the event can also be found on the HJGT Twitter page
- Post-tournament videos and champions interviews are posted on the HJGT YouTube page on the day after the event