The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour comes to Gainesville, FL
The College Prep Series at UF will take place on Jan 21 - 22, 2016
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) invites you to participate in the College Prep Series at UF! This exciting event will be held at the at the Mark Bostick Golf Course at The University of Florida, in Gainesville, FL. Do not miss out on this great opportunity to play at this outstanding course!
This event offers 2-days and 36-holes of quality competition. The first round will begin with a double tee start from 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM, the second round will follow the next day at 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM as well. The Award Ceremony will commence following the final round at approximately 3:00 PM. Registration is $199 for HJGT members and $249 for non-members.
Approximate Yardages for the College Prep Series at UF are as follows: Boys 10U: 4,849: Girls 13U: 5,000; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,526; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,348.
The College Prep Series at UF is open to all golfers between the ages of 8-18. The event will have Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS) and winners in each division will receive an exemption into the 2016 Tour Championship December 3-4, 2016. Top 10 finishers receive points towards year end honors which include state teams, ALL HJGT teams, and the Hurricane Cup.
American Junior Golf Association
- Girls 14-18 Champion= 4 Performance Stars, Girls 14-18 Top 3= 1 Performance Star
- This event does have guaranteed AJGA stars for the divisions noted above. If a division is not listed above as guaranteed AJGA stars and the event meets the minimum requirements for any age division we will submit it to the AJGA for consideration. The minimums are as follows: Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18 = 40 players, Boys 11-13 = 20 players, Girls 14-18 = 12 players, and Girls under 13 = 6 players
Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Ranking available for any age division in which five or more competitors complete at least a 36-hole event.
For over 80 years, Mark Bostick Golf Course has anchored the northwest corner of the University of Florida’s Gainesville campus. Located less than a mile from campus, the Mark Bostick Golf Course at The University of Florida and the Guy Bostick Clubhouse, home of the Men's and Women's Golf Teams, is situated on 110 acres of heavily tree-lined, softly rolling terrain. The 18-hole, par 70 course plays to a length of 6,700 yards from the Gator tees, but with four sets of tees, is playable from all levels of players. The course went through a $4 million renovation in 2001, which included: new tees and fairway green surfaces, 140-plus bunkers, triple row irrigation, and a newly designed practice facility for the teams. Do not miss your chance to play at this outstanding course! Approximate Yardages for the College Prep Series at UF are as follows: Boys 10U: 4,849: Girls 13U: 5,000; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,526; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,348.
Just the Basics
Mark Bostick Golf Course at The University of Florida
Jan 21 - 22, 2016
Registration Deadline: Jan 11.
Follow the Action
- Pairings, live leaderboards, scorecards and more can be found on our Tournament page
- To see live photos from the event check out our Instagram and for post-round galleries after each round, visit our Facebook page
- Photos, videos and more live from the event can also be found on the HJGT Twitter page
- Post-tournament videos and champions interviews are posted on the HJGT YouTube page on the day after the event