The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour comes to Pinehurst, NC
Pinehurst Junior Shootout, Sat, Jan 28 - Sun, Jan 29, 2017
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) invites you to participate in the Pinehurst Junior Shootout ! This exciting event will be held at the at the Pinehurst No.5 in Pinehurst, NC. Do not miss out on this great opportunity to play at this outstanding course! This event offers 2-days and 36-holes of quality competition. The first round will begin with a double tee start from 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM, the second round will follow the next day at 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM as well. The Award Ceremony will commence following the final round at approximately 3:00 PM. Registration is $469 for HJGT members and $519 for non-members. Approximate Yardages for the Pinehurst Junior Shootout are as follows: Boys 10U: 4,974, Girls 13U: 5,184, Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,668, Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,640. The Pinehurst Junior Shootout is open to all golfers between the ages of 8-18. The event will have Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS) and winners in each division will receive an exemption into the 2017 Tour Championship December 2-3, 2017. Top 10 finishers receive points towards year end honors which include state teams, ALL HJGT teams, and the Hurricane Cup.
American Junior Golf Association
- This event does not have guaranteed AJGA stars for the divisions noted above. If a division is not listed above as guaranteed AJGA stars and the event meets the minimum requirements for any age division we will submit it to the AJGA for consideration. The minimums are as follows: Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18 = 40 players, Boys 11-13 = 20 players, Girls 14-18 = 12 players, and Girls under 13 = 6 players
Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Ranking available for any age division in which five or more competitors complete at least a 36-hole event.
No. 5 was designed in 1961 by Ellis Maples, a protégé of Donald Ross, and part of North Carolina’s first family of golf course design and construction. Like Ross, Maples believed that it was the designer’s job to find the golf course that resided in the land’s structure, and his fealty to the land is evident in No. 5’s variety—holes meandering up and down, left and right, and over water. The combination of water carries, elevated greens and overall greater yardage favors longer hitters. One of Pinehurst’s prettiest holes, the par-3 15th, is here. Known as the Cathedral Hole, it’s fronted by a pond and encircled by a stand of ancient pines, the tops of which resemble the pipes of an organ. The Cathedral Hole actually predates No. 5; it was once the sixth hole on No. 3. No. 5 offers classic Pinehurst golf—more challenging than Nos. 1 and 3, but less taxing than No. 2. It won’t disappoint. Approximate Yardages for the Pinehurst Junior Shootout are as follows: Boys 10U: 4,974, Girls 13U: 5,184, Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,668, Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,640.
Just the Basics
Pinehurst Junior Shootout
Jan 28 - Sun, Jan 29, 2017
Registration Deadline: Jan 18.
Follow the Action
- Pairings, live leaderboards, scorecards and more can be found on our Tournament page
- To see live photos from the event check out our Instagram and for post-round galleries after each round, visit our Facebook page
- Photos, videos and more live from the event can also be found on the HJGT Twitter page
- Post-tournament videos and champions interviews are posted on the HJGT YouTube page on the day after the event