The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour comes to Garrison, NY
New York Summer Classic is scheduled to take place July 25-26
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) invites you to participate in the New York Summer Classic! This exciting event will be held at The Garrison located in Garrison, New York. Do not miss out on this great opportunity to play at a cherished golf course! This event offers 2-days and 36-holes of quality competition. The first round will begin with a single tee start at 7:30 a.m. and the second round will begin with a single tee start at 7:30 a.m. The Award Ceremony will commence following the final round at approximately 3:30 p.m. Registration is $195 for HJGT members and $245 for non-members. Approximate Yardages for the New York Summer Classic are as follows: Boys 10U: 5,071; Girls 13U: 5,148; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,841; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,567. The New York Summer Classic is open to all golfers between the ages of 8-18. The event will have Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS) and winners in each division will receive an exemption into the 2016 Tour Championship December 3-4, 2016. Top 10 finishers receive points towards year end honors which include state teams, ALL HJGT teams, and the Hurricane Cup. There are also South Carolina Junior Golf Association Heritage Points (SCJGA) and Tarheel Youth Golf Association Points (TYGA) available.
American Junior Golf Association
- This event does not have guaranteed AJGA stars. If this event meets the minimum requirements for any age division we will submit it to the AJGA for their consideration. The minimums are as follows: Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18= 40 players, Boys 11-13= 20 players, Girls 14-18=12 players, and Girls under 13= 6 players.
Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Ranking available for any age division in which five or more competitors complete at least a 36-hole event.
Perched some 800 feet above the Hudson River with stunning views of the rugged Hudson Highlands terrain as its backdrop, few courses in the country are favored with as lovely a setting. Designed in 1961 by architect Dick Wilson as a challenging highlands course, it is characterized by a varied topography with woodsy, rolling hills, many elevation changes, tough tee shots over deep ravines, side hill lies and challenging greens. True to Wilson’s intention and the sporting tradition of golf, we keep a natural looking and well maintained golf course. We encourage the presence of birds and wildlife and pursue our commitment to a cleaner and safer environment through certification in the Audubon International program. Approximate Yardages for the New York Summer Classic are as follows: Boys 10U: 5,071; Girls 13U: 5,148; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,841; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,567.
Just the Basics
Registration Deadline: July 15th
Follow the Action
- Pairings, live leaderboards, scorecards and more can be found on our Tournament page
- To see live photos from the event check out our Instagram and for post-round galleries after each round, visit our Facebook page
- Photos, videos and more live from the event can also be found on the HJGT Twitter page
- Post-tournament videos and champions interviews are posted on the HJGT YouTube page on the day after the event