The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour Comes to Kansas
Kansas Kick-Off is scheduled to take place June 4-5
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) invites you to participate in the very first Kansas Kick-Off! This exciting event will be held at the Eagle Bend Golf course located in Lawrence, Kansas. Do not miss out on this great opportunity to play at one of the top three golf courses in Kansas voted by the Kansas City Star! This event is a two-day, 36-hole event. Both rounds will begin with a single tee start from 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. The Award Ceremony will commence following the final round. Registration is $209 for HJGT members and $259 for non-members. Approximate Yardages for the Kansas Kick-Off are as follows: Boys 10U: 5,193; Girls 13U: 5,199; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,731; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,762. The Kansas Kick-Off is open to all golfers between the ages of 8-18. The event will have Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS) and winners in each division will receive an invitation to the 2016 National Championship, Dec. 3-4. Top 10 finishers receive points towards year end honors which include state teams, ALL HJGT teams, and the Hurricane Cup. Also, the top 3 boys and top 2 girls will be extended invitations into the Midwest Junior Championship.
American Junior Golf Association
- Boys 14-18 Champion = four performance stars, Boys 14-18 Top five = one Performance Star, Girls 14-18 Champion = four performance stars, Girls 14-18 Top three = one performance star, Girls 13U Champion = one performance star
- This event does not have guaranteed AJGA stars for the divisions noted above. If a division is not listed above as guaranteed AJGA stars and the event meets the minimum requirements for any age division we will submit it to the AJGA for consideration. The minimums are as follows: Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18 = 40 players, Boys 11-13 = 20 players, Girls 14-18 = 12 players, and Girls under 13 = 6 players
Junior Golf Scoreboard
- ·Ranking available for any age division in which five or more competitors complete at least a 36-hole event.
Eagle Bend is the first golf course owned and operated by the City of Lawrence Parks and Recreation Department. Located in Lawrence, Kansas, Eagle Bend has been a popular golf destination since development and was voted as one of the top three golf courses in Kansas by the Kansas City Star, and has been named as a "Places to Play" by Golf Digest. Approximate Yardages for the 36-hole Challenge at Eagle Bend are as follows: Boys 10U: 5,193; Girls 13U: 5,199; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,731; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,762.
Just the Basics
Eagle Bend Golf Course
Registration Deadline: May 25
Follow the Action
- ·Pairings, live leaderboards, scorecards and more can be found on our Tournament page
- ·To see live photos from the event check out our Instagram and for post-round galleries after each round, visit our Facebook page
- Photos, videos and more live from the event can also be found on the HJGT Twitter page
- Post-tournament videos and champions interviews are posted on the HJGT YouTube page on the day after the event