The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour comes to Hilton Head Island, SC
The Golden Bear Junior Shootout is scheduled to take place September 3-4, 2016
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) invites you to participate in the Golden Bear Junior Shootout! This exciting event will be held at the Golden Bear GC – Indigo Run located in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Do not miss out on this great opportunity to play at a cherished golf course! This event offers 2-days and 36-holes of quality competition. The first round will begin with a Double Tee start at 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. and the second round will begin with a Double Tee start at 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. The Award Ceremony will commence following the final round at approximately 1:00 p.m. Registration is $195 for HJGT members and $245 for non-members. Approximate Yardages for the Golden Bear Junior Shootout are as follows: Boys 10U: 4,880; Girls 13U: 5,149; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,739; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,750. The Golden Bear Junior Shootout is open to all golfers between the ages of 8-18. The event will have Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS) and winners in each division will receive an exemption into the 2016 Tour Championship December 3-4, 2016. Top 10 finishers receive points towards year end honors which include state teams, ALL HJGT teams, and the Hurricane Cup.
American Junior Golf Association
- Boys 14-18 Champion= 4 Performance Stars, Boys 14-18 Top 5= 1 Performance Star, Girls 14-18 Champion= 4 Performance Stars, Girls 14-18 Top 3= 1 Performance Star
- This event has guaranteed AJGA stars for the divisions noted above. If a division is not listed above as guaranteed AJGA stars and the event meets the minimum requirements for any age division we will submit it to the AJGA for their consideration. The minimums are as follows: Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18= 40 players, Boys 11-13= 20 players, Girls 14-18= 12 players, and Girls under 13= 6 players.
Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Ranking available for any age division in which five or more competitors complete at least a 36-hole event.
Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run, a Nicklaus-designed, semi-private golf course, quickly earned a name for itself as one of the top-rated layouts on an island of top-flight designs. The Golden Bear golf course features a top-rated layout, and has quickly garnered a reputation of being one of the most beautiful and challenging courses on an island full of top-flight designs. Ever-present water and sand keep play interesting, but never penalizing.
Just the Basics
September 3-4, 2016
Golden Bear GC - Indigo Run
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Registration Deadline: August 24
Follow the Action
- Pairings, live leaderboards, scorecards and more can be found on our Tournament Page
- To see live photos from the event check out our Instagram and for post-round galleries after each round, visit our Facebook page
- Photos, videos and more live from the event can also be found on the HJGT Twitter page
- Post-tournament videos and champions interviews are posted on the HJGT YouTube page on t