The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour Comes to Ohio
The Columbus Jr. Shootout is set for April 30 – May 1
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) invites you to play in the Columbus Junior Shootout! This event will be held at Lancaster Country Club in Lancaster, Ohio, on April 30 – May 1. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to play one of Ohio's premier courses! The Columbus Junior Shootout is open to all golfers between the ages of 8-18. The event will have Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS), American Junior Golf Association performance stars (AJGA), winners in each division will receive an invitation to the 2016 Tour Championship on Dec. 3-4, top three in each division will receive an invitation to the 2016 Druh Belts Mid Season Invitational at Chateau Elan on June 11-13, and top-10 finishers receive points towards year end honors which include state teams, all HJGT teams, and the Hurricane Cup.
American Junior Golf Association
- Girls 14-18 Champion = four Performance Stars, Girls 14-18 top three = one Performance Star, Girls U13 Champion = one Performance Star
- This event has guaranteed AJGA stars for the divisions noted above. If a division is not listed above as guaranteed AJGA stars and the event meets the minimum requirements for any age division we will submit it to the AJGA for their consideration. The minimums are as follows: Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18 = 40 players, Boys 11-13 = 20 players
Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Ranking available to any division in which five or more competitors complete at least a 36-hole event.
This event is a two-day, 36-hole event. The first round will begin with a single tee start from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Registration is $195 for members and $245 for non-members.
Lancaster Country Club has been a staple of Ohio’s golf scene for over 100 years. The first nine holes at Lancaster were designed by the Donald Ross Design Company and in 1958 it was extended to 18 by renowned designer Jack Kidwell. This course, site of the 2015 U.S. Women’s Open, offers tree-lined fairways, elevated tees, rolling hills and mounded greens all make Lancaster a beautiful, yet challenging, test of golf. Yardages for the Columbus Junior Shootout are as follows: Boys 10U: 5,004; Girls 13U: 5,137; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,796; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,649.
Just the Basics
April 30 – May 1
Lancaster Country Club
Registration Deadline: April 20
Follow the Action
- Pairings, live leaderboards, scorecards and more can be found on our Tournament page
- To see live photos from the event check out our Instagram and for post-round galleries after each round, visit our Facebook page
- Photos, videos and more live from the event can also be found on the HJGT Twitter page
- Post-tournament videos and champions interviews are posted on the HJGT YouTube page on the day after the event