The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour Comes to Gator Country
The College Prep Series at UF is set for May 7-8
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) invites you to play in the College Prep Series at the University of Florida! This event will be held at Mark Bostick Golf Course in Gainesville, Fla., on May 7-8 and is the second of two College Prep Series events in 2016 at UF. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to play where the Gators play! The College Prep Series at UF is open to all golfers between the ages of 8-18. The event will have Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS), American Junior Golf Association performance stars (AJGA), Golfweek rankings, winners in each division will receive an invitation to the 2016 Tour Championship on Dec. 3-4, top three in each division will receive an invitation to the 2016 Druh Belts Mid Season Invitational at Chateau Elan on June 11-13, and top-10 finishers receive points towards year end honors which include state teams, all HJGT teams, and the Hurricane Cup. This event is a two-day, 36-hole event. Both rounds will begin with a double tee start from 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Registration is $209 for members and $259 for non-members.
American Junior Golf Association
- Boys 14-18 Champion = Four Performance Stars, Boys 14-18 Top Five = One Performance Star, Girls 14-18 Champion = Four Performance Stars, Girls 14-18 Top Three = One Performance Star, Girls 13U Champion = One Performance Star
- This event has guaranteed AJGA stars for the divisions noted above. If a division is not listed above as guaranteed AJGA stars and the event meets the minimum requirements for any age division we will submit it to the AJGA for consideration. The minimums are as follows: Boys 11-13 = 20 players
- Ranking available for Boys 14-18 and Girls 14-18. Boys must have 40 players and girls must have 12 players
Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Ranking is available for any division in which five or more competitors complete at least a 36-hole event.
The University of Florida has owned one of the most illustrious collegiate golf programs in the NCAA. PGA Tour winners like Mark Calcavecchia, Camilo Villegas and Billy Horschel, among others, have all teed it up at Mark Bostick Golf Course and now you have that same chance! This layout provides a tough, but fair challenge that also offers a sample of what is to come for prospective college golfers. Yardages for this event are as follows: Girls 13U: 4,951; Boys 10U: 5,011; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,528; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,421.
Just the Basics
Mark Bostick Golf Course
Registration Deadline: April 27
Follow the Action
- Pairings, live leaderboards, scorecards and more can be found on our Tournament page
- To see live photos from the event check out our Instagram and for post-round galleries after each round, visit our Facebook page
- Photos, videos and more live from the event can also be found on the HJGT Twitter page
- Post-tournament videos and champions interviews are posted on the HJGT YouTube page on the day after the event