The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour Comes to Purdue
The College Prep Series at Purdue is set for May 28-30
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) invites you to play in the 54-Hole Challenge at Purdue! This event will be held at the Kampen course at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Ind. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to play where the Boilermakers play! This event is a three-day, 54-hole event. The first two rounds will begin with a double tee start from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m., and the final round will begin with a double tee start from 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Registration is $265 for members and $315 for non-members. The College Prep Series at Purdue is open to all golfers between the ages of 8-18. The event will have Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS), winners in each division will receive an invitation to the 2016 National Championship on Dec. 3-4, top three in each division will receive an invitation to the 2016 Druh Belts Mid Season Invitational at Chateau Elan on June 11-13, and top-15 finishers receive points towards year end honors which include state teams, all HJGT teams and the Hurricane Cup.
American Junior Golf Association
- Girls 14-18 Champion = four performance stars, Girls 14-18 Top three = one performance star
- This event has guaranteed AJGA stars for the divisions noted above. If a division is not listed above as guaranteed AJGA stars and the event meets the minimum requirements for any age division we will submit it to the AJGA for consideration. The minimums are as follows: Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18 = 40 players, Boys 11-13 = 20 players and Girls 13 and under = six players.
Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Ranking available for any division in which five or more competitors complete at least a 36-hole event.
- Ranking available for Boys 14-18 and Girls 14-18. Boys must have 40 players and Girls must have 12 players
Home to Purdue’s men’s and women’s Division I golf teams, the Kampen Course is a Pete Dye design that offers a links-style layout. Vast sand bunkers, native grasslands, ponds and even a natural celery bog all combine to create a fantastic golf experience. Kampen has played host for Big Ten Championships, NCAA Regionals, and NCAA Championships. It also received a 4.5 star rating from Golf Digest. Yardages for the College Prep Series at Purdue are as follows: Boys 10U: 4,993, Girls 13U: 5,113; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,778; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,757.
Just the Basics
Purdue University – Kampen course
West Lafayette, Ind.
Registration Deadline: May 18
Follow the Action
- Pairings, live leaderboards, scorecards and more can be found on our Tournament page
- To see live photos from the event check out our Instagram and for post-round galleries after each round, visit our Facebook page
- Photos, videos and more live from the event can also be found on the HJGT Twitter page
- Post-tournament videos and champions interviews are posted on the HJGT YouTube page on the day after the event