The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour Comes to Kent State
The College Prep Series at Kent State is set for May 28-30
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) invites you to play in the 54-Hole Challenge at Kent State! This event will be held at Windmill Lakes Golf Club in Ravenna, Ohio. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to play where the Golden Flashes play! This event is a three-day, 54-hole event. All three rounds will begin with a single tee start from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Registration is $259 for members and $309 for non-members. The College Prep Series at Purdue is open to all golfers between the ages of 8-18. The event will have Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS), winners in each division will receive an invitation to the 2016 National Championship on Dec. 3-4, top three in each division will receive an invitation to the 2016 Druh Belts Mid Season Invitational at Chateau Elan on June 11-13, and top-15 finishers receive points towards year end honors which include state teams, all HJGT teams and the Hurricane Cup.
American Junior Golf Association
- Boys 14-18 Champion = four Performance Stars, Boys 14-18 top five = one Performance Star, Girls 14-18 Champion = four Performance Stars, Girls 14-18 top three = one Performance Star, Girls 13U Champion = one Performance Star
- This event has guaranteed AJGA stars for the divisions noted above. If a division is not listed above as guaranteed AJGA stars and the event meets the minimum requirements for any age division we will submit it to the AJGA for consideration. The minimums are as follows: Boys 11-13 = 20 players
Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Ranking available for any division in which five or more competitors complete at least a 36-hole event.
- Ranking available for Boys 14-18 and Girls 14-18. Boys must have 40 players and Girls must have 12 players
Home to Kent State’s Division I men’s and women’s golf teams, Windmill Lakes is located just six miles from Kent State’s campus and is one of Ohio’s top golf options. Open since 1970, the course is known for its large, undulating greens, more than 40 sand traps and seven lakes. Windmill Lakes plays to a par of 70. Yardages for the College Prep Series at Kent State are as follows: Boys 10U: 4,920; Girls 13U: 5,110; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,789; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,768.
Just the Basics
Windmill Lakes Golf Club
Registration Deadline: May 18
Follow the Action
- Pairings, live leaderboards, scorecards and more can be found on our Tournament page
- To see live photos from the event check out our Instagram and for post-round galleries after each round, visit our Facebook page
- Photos, videos and more live from the event can also be found on the HJGT Twitter page
- Post-tournament videos and champions interviews are posted on the HJGT YouTube page on the day after the event