The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour comes to Hilton Head Island, SC
Coastal Carolina Junior Challenge is scheduled to take place July 9-10
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) invites you to participate in the Coastal Carolina Junior Challenge! This exciting event will be held at Haig Point located in prominent Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Do not miss out on this great opportunity to play at a cherished golf course! This event offers 2-days and 36-holes of quality competition. The first round will begin with a shotgun start at 1:30 p.m. and the second round will begin with a shotgun start at 9:30 a.m. The Award Ceremony will commence following the final round at approximately 1:30 p.m. Registration is $195 for HJGT members and $245 for non-members. Approximate Yardages for the Coastal Carolina Junior Challenge are as follows: Boys 10U: 5,100; Girls 13U: 5,200; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,888; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,867. The Coastal Carolina Junior Challenge is open to all golfers between the ages of 8-18. The event will have Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS) and winners in each division will receive an exemption into the 2016 Tour Championship December 3-4, 2016. Top 10 finishers receive points towards year end honors which include state teams, ALL HJGT teams, and the Hurricane Cup. There are also South Carolina Junior Golf Association Heritage Points (SCJGA) and Tarheel Youth Golf Association Points (TYGA) available.
American Junior Golf Association
- Girls 14-18 Champion= 4 Performance Stars, Girls 14-18 Top 3= 1 Performance Star.
- This event has guaranteed AJGA stars for the divisions noted above. If a division is not listed above as guaranteed AJGA stars and the event meets the minimum requirements for any age division we will submit it to the AJGA for their consideration. The minimums are as follows: Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18= 40 players, Boys 11-13= 20 players, Girls 14-18= 12 players, and Girls under 13= 6 players.
Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Ranking available for any age division in which five or more competitors complete at least a 36-hole event.
Haig Point is one of the most beloved and cherished courses in South Carolina. This is a world-class golf course that lies just off the ocean. It was designed by architect Rees Jones, who has designed many well-known and memorable courses around the country. The ocean breeze, the views, and the spotless greens are sure to leave you stunned. Approximate Yardages for the Coastal Carolina Junior Challenge are as follows: Boys 10U: 5,100; Girls 13U: 5,200; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,888; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,867.
Just the Basics
Hilton Head Island, SC
Registration Deadline: June 29
Follow the Action
- Pairings, live leaderboards, scorecards and more can be found on our Tournament page
- To see live photos from the event check out our Instagram and for post-round galleries after each round, visit our Facebook page
- Photos, videos and more live from the event can also be found on the HJGT Twitter page
- Post-tournament videos and champions interviews are posted on the HJGT YouTube page on the day after the event