The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour comes to Lecanto, FL
The Central Florida Jr Open is scheduled to take place August 20-21, 2016
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) invites you to participate in the Central Florida Junior Open! This exciting event will be held at the Black Diamond - Quarry located in Lecanto, Florida. Do not miss out on this great opportunity to play at a cherished golf course! This event offers 2-days and 36-holes of quality competition. The first round will begin with a single tee start at 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and the second round will begin with a single tee start at 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. The Award Ceremony will commence following the final round at approximately 4:00 p.m. Registration is $195 for HJGT members and $245 for non-members. Approximate Yardages for the Central Florida Junior Open are as follows: Boys 10U: 5,035; Girls 13U: 5,105; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,756; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,755. The Central Florida Junior Open is open to all golfers between the ages of 8-18. The event will have Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS) and winners in each division will receive an exemption into the 2016 Tour Championship December 3-4, 2016. Top 10 finishers receive points towards year end honors which include state teams, ALL HJGT teams, and the Hurricane Cup.
American Junior Golf Association
- This event does not have guaranteed AJGA stars for the divisions. If a division is not listed above as guaranteed AJGA stars and the event meets the minimum requirements for any age division we will submit it to the AJGA for their consideration. The minimums are as follows: Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18= 40 players, Boys 11-13= 20 players, Girls 14-18= 12 players, and Girls under 13= 6 players.
Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Ranking available for any age division in which five or more competitors complete at least a 36-hole event.
Completed in 1997 The Ranch was carefully crafted to gently blend into its natural surroundings. Reminiscent of Pine Valley, the Ranch Course sports rolling fairways and dramatic elevation changes of over 100 feet. Strategy rules, with numerous two-tiered greens placing a premium on distance control for approach shots, and par is guarded by numerous sand traps, waste bunkers, and two pristine lakes. The front nine is pure golf—no tricks, no blind shots, no hidden greens. The 445-yard par-4 second hole is a classic; only a long draw off the tee followed by a crisp long iron shot will allow you to putt for birdie on this elevated green. The picturesque par-3 eighth hole brings water into play from tee to green, and on the back-to-back par-5 ninth and tenth holes, you’ll find more sand than most courses have on l8 holes. The Ranch's 16th, 17th and 18th holes “represent the three best finishing holes I've ever designed,” according to Architect Tom Fazio.
Just the Basics
Black Diamond - Quarry
Registration Deadline: August 10
Follow the Action
- Pairings, live leaderboards, scorecards and more can be found on our Tournament Page
- To see live photos from the event check out our Instagram and for post-round galleries after each round, visit our Facebook page
- Photos, videos and more live from the event can also be found on the HJGT Twitter page
- Post-tournament videos and champions interviews are posted on the HJGT YouTube page on the day after the event