The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour comes to Sarasota, FL
Sarasota Junior Challenge is scheduled to take place August 6-7, 2016
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) invites you to participate in the Sarasota Junior Challenge! This exciting event will be held at Laurel Oak Country Club located in beautiful Sarasota, Florida. Do not miss out on this great opportunity to play at a wonderful golf course! This event offers 2-days and 36-holes of quality competition. The first round will begin with a single tee start at 7:30 a.m. and the second round will begin with a single tee start at 7:30 a.m. The Award Ceremony will commence following the final round at approximately 3:30 p.m. Registration is $195 for HJGT members and $245 for non-members. Approximate Yardages for the Sarasota Junior Challenge are as follows: Boys 10U: 5,074; Girls 13U: 5,203; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,758; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,734. The Sarasota Junior Challenge is open to all golfers between the ages of 8-18. The event will have Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS) and winners in each division will receive an exemption into the 2016 Tour Championship December 3-4, 2016. Top 10 finishers receive points towards year end honors which include state teams, ALL HJGT teams, and the Hurricane Cup.
American Junior Golf Association
- This event does not have guaranteed AJGA stars. If a division is not listed above as guaranteed AJGA stars and the event meets the minimum requirements for any age division we will submit it to the AJGA for their consideration. The minimums are as follows: Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18= 40 players, Boys 11-13= 20 players, Girls 14-18= 12 players, and Girls under 13= 6 players.
Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Ranking available for any age division in which five or more competitors complete at least a 36-hole event.
Laurel Oak is a private, member-owned golf & country club located in Sarasota Florida. Its outstanding facilities include two championship golf courses crafted by Gary Player. The West course was redesigned by Rees Jones, the famed "U.S. Open Doctor", in 2005. The club's other amenities include 12 Har Tru tennis courts, a full-size heated swimming pool and a beautiful 45,000 square foot clubhouse. The club is nestled on over 800 peaceful acres near downtown Sarasota with its renowned arts and cultural district, and within easy reach of the finest beaches in Florida. Siesta Key Beach was named "the Best Beach in America" in 2015 by TripAdvisor. The club is sited in a magnificent gated residential community of over 400 single family homes. However, because the club enjoys such a widespread excellent reputation, many of our members reside outside the community. Approximate Yardages for the Sarasota Junior Challenge are as follows: Boys 10U: 5,074; Girls 13U: 5,203; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,758; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,734.
Just the Basics
Laurel Oak Country Club
Registration Deadline: July 27
Follow the Action
- Pairings, live leaderboards, scorecards and more can be found on our Tournament page
- To see live photos from the event check out our Instagram and for post-round galleries after each round, visit our Facebook page
- Photos, videos and more live from the event can also be found on the HJGT Twitter page
- Post-tournament videos and champions interviews are posted on the HJGT YouTube page on the day after the event