The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour comes to Bluffton, SC
The Bluffton Junior Shootout will take place on Jan 14 - 15, 2016
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) invites you to participate in the Bluffton Junior Shootout! This exciting event will be held at the at the Old South Golf Links, in Bluffton, SC. Do not miss out on this great opportunity to play at this outstanding course!
This event offers 2-days and 36-holes of quality competition. The first round will begin with a double tee start from 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM, the second round will follow the next day at 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM as well. The Award Ceremony will commence following the final round at approximately 3:30 PM. Registration is $199 for HJGT members and $249 for non-members.
Approximate Yardages for the Bluffton Junior Shootout are as follows: Boys 10U: 5,012: Girls 13U: 5,188; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,628; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,691.
The Bluffton Junior Shootout is open to all golfers between the ages of 8-18. The event will have Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS) and winners in each division will receive an exemption into the 2016 Tour Championship December 3-4, 2016. Top 10 finishers receive points towards year end honors which include state teams, ALL HJGT teams, and the Hurricane Cup.
American Junior Golf Association
- Boys 14-18 Champion= 4 Performance Stars, Boys 14-18 Top 5= 1 Performance Star, Girls 14-18 Champion= 4 Performance Stars, Girls 14-18 Top 3= 1 Performance Star, Girls U13 Champion= 1 Performance Star
- This event does have guaranteed AJGA stars for the divisions noted above. If a division is not listed above as guaranteed AJGA stars and the event meets the minimum requirements for any age division we will submit it to the AJGA for consideration. The minimums are as follows: Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18 = 40 players, Boys 11-13 = 20 players, Girls 14-18 = 12 players, and Girls under 13 = 6 players
Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Ranking available for any age division in which five or more competitors complete at least a 36-hole event.
In the Hilton Head area, Old South Golf Links is regarded as a favorite year after year by local residents and visitors alike. Since the Clyde Johnston’s designed course opened, golfers continue to be attracted to the natural beauty of lowcountry golf that Old South provides. Just over the bridge from Hilton Head Island, vacationers regularly make the short trip to Bluffton to play golf amid towering oaks and rolling terrain while soaking in magnificent views from the island greens abutting the intracoastal marshes of McKay’s Creek. Golfers are often greeted by the abundant wildlife from wood storks to soaring hawks and grazing deer to lagoons inhabited by alligators. Approximate Yardages for the Bluffton Junior Shootout are as follows: Boys 10U: 5,012: Girls 13U: 5,188; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,628; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,691.
Just the Basics
Old South Golf Links
Jan 14 - 15, 2016
Registration Deadline: Jan 4.
Follow the Action
- Pairings, live leaderboards, scorecards and more can be found on our Tournament page
- To see live photos from the event check out our Instagram and for post-round galleries after each round, visit our Facebook page
- Photos, videos and more live from the event can also be found on the HJGT Twitter page
- Post-tournament videos and champions interviews are posted on the HJGT YouTube page on the day after the event