The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour comes to Eustis, FL
The Black Bear Junior Challenge will take place on Jan 28 - 29, 2017
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) invites you to participate in the Black Bear Junior Challenge! This exciting event will be held at the at the Black Bear Golf Club, in Eustis, FL. Do not miss out on this great opportunity to play at this outstanding course!
This event offers 2-days and 36-holes of quality competition. The first round will begin with a single tee start from 7:30 AM - 9:40 PM, the second round will follow the next day at 7:30 AM - 9:40 AM. The Award Ceremony will commence following the final round at approximately 2:40 PM. Registration is $199 for HJGT members and $249 for non-members. The price to sign up as a team (of 5 players) will be $845.75 / team.
Approximate Yardages for the Black Bear Junior Challenge are as follows: Boys 10U: 4,997: Girls 13U: 5,119; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,631; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,686.
The Black Bear Junior Challenge is open to all golfers between the ages of 8-18. The event will have Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS) and winners in each division will receive an exemption into the 2017 Tour Championship December 2-3, 2017. Top 10 finishers receive points towards year end honors which include state teams, ALL HJGT teams, and the Hurricane Cup.
American Junior Golf Association
- Boys 14-18 Champion= 4 Performance Stars, Boys 15-18 Top 5= 1 Performance Star, Girls 15-18 Champion= 4 Performance Stars, Girls 15-18 Top 3= 1 Performance Star, Girls 13U Champion= 1 Performance Star
- This event does have guaranteed AJGA stars for the divisions noted above. If a division is not listed above as guaranteed AJGA stars and the event meets the minimum requirements for any age division we will submit it to the AJGA for consideration. The minimums are as follows: Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18 = 40 players, Boys 11-13 = 20 players, Girls 14-18 = 12 players, and Girls under 13 = 6 players
Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Ranking available for any age division in which five or more competitors complete at least a 36-hole event.
Black Bear Golf Club, opened in 1995, features some of the most unique holes in Central Florida. The course is a P. B. Dye designed Championship 18 hole links style par 72 golf course.The Black Bear layout extends well over 7,000 yards and features undulating greens, dramatic fairway elevation changes and over 120 natural sand bunkers set in pristine Central Florida surroundings. P. B. Dye designed the Black Bear course with multiple tee positions to be both a true challenge to the discerning golfer as well as an enjoyable experience for the recreational player. Black Bear Golf Club has, in its short history, been host to 7 US Amateur Public links events, Canadian Tour events as well as several Hooters Tour events. Currently Black Bear is home to a select number of PGA and LPGA tour players. Approximate Yardages for the Black Bear Junior Challenge are as follows: Boys 10U: 4,997: Girls 13U: 5,119; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,631; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,686.
Just the Basics
Black Bear Golf Club
Jan 28 - Jan 29 2017
Registration Deadline: Jan 18.
Follow the Action
- Pairings, live leaderboards, scorecards and more can be found on our Tournament page
- To see live photos from the event check out our Instagram and for post-round galleries after each round, visit our Facebook page
- Photos, videos and more live from the event can also be found on the HJGT Twitter page
- Post-tournament videos and champions interviews are posted on the HJGT YouTube page on the day after the event