The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour comes to Alabama
The Birmingham Junior Shoot-out is scheduled to take place June 4-6
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) invites you to participate in the The Birmingham Junior Shoot-Out! This exciting event will be held at Limetone Spirings Golf Club in Birmingham, Alabama. Do not miss out on this great opportunity to play at this 4.5 star course according to Golf Digest! This event offers 2-days and 36 holes of quality competition. The first round will begin with a double tee start from 12:30p.m. – 3:30p.m. and the final round being 7:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. The Award Ceremony will commence following the final round. Registration is $209 for HJGT members and $259 for non-members. Approximate Yardages for the Birmingham Junior Shoot-Out are as follows: Boys 10U: 5,071; Girls 13U: 5,071; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,769; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,742. The Birmingham Junior Shoot-Out is open to all golfers between the ages of 8-18. The event will have Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS) and winners in each division will receive an invitation to the 2016 National Championship, Dec. 3-4. Top 10 finishers receive points towards year end honors which include state teams, ALL HJGT teams, and the Hurricane Cup.
American Junior Golf Association
- Boys 14-18 Champion = four performance stars, Boys 14-18 Top five = one Performance Star, Girls 14-18 Champion = four performance stars, Girls 14-18 Top three = one performance star, Girls 13U Champion = one performance star
- This event does not have guaranteed AJGA stars for the divisions noted above. If a division is not listed above as guaranteed AJGA stars and the event meets the minimum requirements for any age division we will submit it to the AJGA for consideration. The minimums are as follows: Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18 = 40 players, Boys 11-13 = 20 players, Girls 14-18 = 12 players, and Girls under 13 = 6 players
Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Ranking available for any age division in which five or more competitors complete at least a 36-hole event.
Limestone Springs Golf Club is one of Alabama’s best public golf courses. Located 30 minutes north of Birmingham, Alabama, this 18-hole championship golf course is nestled throughout 225 acres of the Appalachian Mountains and offers some of the most dramatic elevations and picturesque views in the state. Designed by former U.S. Open winner Jerry Pate, Limestone Springs Golf Course stretches almost 7,000 yards from the back tees.
Limestone Springs has also been consistently rated 4 ½ stars by Golf Digest’s Places to Play, ranked in the top five public golf courses in Alabama by GolfWeek, and named to America’s Top Golf Courses by Zagat Survey.
Approximate Yardages for the Birmingham Junior Shoot-Out are as follows: Boys 10U: 5,071; Girls 13U: 5,071; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,769; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,742.
Just the Basics
Limestone Springs Golf Course
Registration Deadline: May 25
Follow the Action
- Pairings, live leaderboards, scorecards and more can be found on our Tournament page
- To see live photos from the event check out our Instagramand for post-round galleries after each round, visit our Facebook page
- Photos, videos and more live from the event can also be found on the HJGT Twitterpage
- Post-tournament videos and champions interviews are posted on the HJGT YouTubepage on the day after the event