The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour Comes to Calera, Alabama
Birmingham Junior Challenge at Timberland Golf Course will take place on Feb 4-5, 2017
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) invites you to participate in the Birmingham Junior Challenge! This exciting event will be held at the at the The Timberland Golf Course in Calera, Alabama. Do not miss out on this great opportunity to play at this outstanding course! This event offers 2-days and 36-holes of quality competition. The first round will begin with a single tee start from 8:00 AM - 11:00 PM, the second final round will follow the next day at 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM. The Award Ceremony will commence following the final round at approximately 4:00 PM. Registration is $199 for HJGT members and $249 for non-members. Approximate Yardages for the Arizona Kickoff at Arrowhead are as follows:Boys 10U: 4,758: Girls 13U: 5,184; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,647; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,487. The Birmingham Junior Challenge is open to all golfers between the ages of 8-18. The event will have Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS) and winners in each division will receive an exemption into the 2017 Tour Championship December 2-3, 2017. Top 10 finishers receive points towards year end honors which include state teams, ALL HJGT teams, and the Hurricane Cup.
American Junior Golf Association
- This event does not have guaranteed AJGA stars for the divisions noted above. If a division is not listed above as guaranteed AJGA stars and the event meets the minimum requirements for any age division we will submit it to the AJGA for consideration. The minimums are as follows: Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18 = 40 players, Boys 11-13 = 20 players, Girls 14-18 = 12 players, and Girls under 13 = 6 players
Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Ranking available for any age division in which five or more competitors complete at least a 36-hole event.
Opened in 2002, Timberline is the brainchild of PGA Tour pro and U.S. Open champion Jerry Pate. Jerry dropped this gorgeous course in the midst of mature hardwoods that border the fairways and give the club its name. Mr. Pate’s design includes plenty of rolling hills and picturesque vistas of the area.
Our semi-private course caters to members and the public alike — the perfect spot for a round with your foursome or your all-important golf outing for your business or charity. In fact Timberline is a wonderful place to call your home course — and your home if you decide to move into our Timberline Community.
Nestled near Calera in Shelby County, Timberline is a course for every skill level of golfer. A par-71 circuit with four sets of tees, Timberline plays from 4,808 to 6,745 yards — as much or as little challenge as you’re up to.
Approximate Yardages for the Black Bear Junior Challenge are as follows:
Approximate Yardages for the Arizona Kickoff at Arrowhead are as follows: Boys 10U: 4,758: Girls 13U: 5,184; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,647; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,487.
Just the Basics
Feb 4 - Feb 5, 2017
Registration Deadline: January 25
Follow the Action
- Pairings, live leaderboards, scorecards and more can be found on our Tournament page
- To see live photos from the event check out our Instagram and for post-round galleries after each round, visit our Facebook page
- Photos, videos and more live from the event can also be found on the HJGT Twitter page
- Post-tournament videos and champions interviews are posted on the HJGT YouTube page on the day after the event