The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour comes to Orlando, FL
The 54 Hole Challenge at Rio Pinar will take place on Jan 14 - 16, 2016
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) invites you to participate in the 54 Hole Challenge at Rio Pinar! This exciting event will be held at the at the Rio Pinar Country Club, in Orlando, FL. Do not miss out on this great opportunity to play at this outstanding course!
This event offers 3-days and 54-holes of quality competition. The first round will begin with a double tee start from 7:30 AM - 9:30 AM, the second round will follow the next day at 7:30 AM - 9:30 AM and the final round being also at 7:30 AM - 9:30 AM on the 16th. The Award Ceremony will commence following the final round at approximately 3:30 PM. Registration is $275 for HJGT members and $325 for non-members.
Approximate Yardages for the 54 Hole Challenge at Rio Pinar are as follows: Boys 10U: 5,171: Girls 13U: 5,290; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,638; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,621.
The 54 Hole Challenge at Rio Pinar is open to all golfers between the ages of 8-18. The event will have Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking (JGS) and winners in each division will receive an exemption into the 2016 Tour Championship December 3-4, 2016. Top 10 finishers receive points towards year end honors which include state teams, ALL HJGT teams, and the Hurricane Cup.
American Junior Golf Association
- Boys 14-18 Champion= 4 Performance Stars, Boys 14-18 Top 5= 1 Performance Star, Girls 14-18 Champion= 4 Performance Stars, Girls 14-18 Top 3= 1 Performance Star, Girls U13 Champion= 1 Performance Star
- This event does have guaranteed AJGA stars for the divisions noted above. If a division is not listed above as guaranteed AJGA stars and the event meets the minimum requirements for any age division we will submit it to the AJGA for consideration. The minimums are as follows: Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18 = 40 players, Boys 11-13 = 20 players, Girls 14-18 = 12 players, and Girls under 13 = 6 players
Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Ranking available for any age division in which five or more competitors complete at least a 36-hole event.
The real attraction at Rio Pinar Country Club is the expert design, which has hosted more than 55 years of Orlando golf history. To this day our layout remains one of the finest designs. In addition to the past PGA and LPGA Citrus Opens, our course continues to host many current professional and amateur events. The reason our course design is so popular is because it manages to both challenge and relax players of all skill and age levels, from the seasoned pro to the young rookie. We have multiple tee lengths as well. Our course from the back tees spans a tough 7,001 yards and from the front tees a manageable 5,346. This is a must-play Orlando golf course. Do not miss you chance to plat at this amazing course! Approximate Yardages for the 54 Hole Challenge at Rio Pinar are as follows: Boys 10U: 5,171: Girls 13U: 5,290; Boys 11-13/Girls 14-18: 5,638; Boys 14-15/Boys 16-18: 6,621.
Just the Basics
Rio Pinar Country Club
Jan 14 - 16, 2016
Registration Deadline: Jan 4.
Follow the Action
- Pairings, live leaderboards, scorecards and more can be found on our Tournament page
- To see live photos from the event check out our Instagram and for post-round galleries after each round, visit our Facebook page
- Photos, videos and more live from the event can also be found on the HJGT Twitter page
- Post-tournament videos and champions interviews are posted on the HJGT YouTube page on the day after the event