The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour is set to enter its seventh year of competition in 2014 and is looking to continue its growth into one of the top junior golf tours in the country. The 2013 season was a significant year for the tour, hosting over 100 events in eight states that catered to over 2000 members. In 2014 the tour looks to expand even more by entering 13 states with more than 130 events. With the release of the first half of the 2014 schedule, the events from January through June are sure to impress.
There are plenty of new and exciting changes happening at the Hurricane Junior Golf Tour;
- More Rankings: The HJGT has been granted with a significant amount of AJGA Performance Stars and Golfweek rankings for events.
- More Events: The HJGT will open up events in five new states including New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Indiana.
- Major Championships and College Prep Series: HJGT Will host more college prep series events at top college course across the country. Caddies will be allowed at all Major Championships again in 2014.
- Hurricane Tour Shop: HJGT Members will receive discounts and gift cards to the Hurricane Tour Shop throughout the year. Visit hurricanetourshop.com for more info.
- Mid-Season Invitationals: Winners from all events held from January through June will receive an invite to a special 54-hole event. The Boys Invitational will be played in Atlanta while the Girls Invitational will be played in Daytona Beach.
- 2014 Membership Package: One of the best values you will find in junior golf. Stay tuned for the 2014 membership package announcement within the next week.
- Hurricane Tour Shop Series: Each state will have a Hurricane Tour Shop event where the winners will be invited to an end of the year invitational.
Click here to view the 2014 schedule About us: The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) was founded in 2008 with the intention of providing junior golfers between the ages of 11-18 an opportunity to play exceptional courses in a competitive environment. Golfers who participate on the tour will compete in one of four age divisions: Boys 15-18, Boys 11-14, Girls 11-14 and Girls 15-18. Based out of Jacksonville, FL, the HJGT administers events all across the nation, with stops in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, and Ohio. For more information regarding the 2014 schedule, please visit our website at www.hjgt.org, call the Hurricane Junior Golf Tour headquarters at (904) 379-2697, or email email@example.com.