About the HJGT team series
- The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) team format series is designed to incorporate a unique team event inside a regular individual HJGT stroke play event. Each event will have a team winner and as in all of our tournaments the results from all the age divisions will count towards individual players rankings as well.
- The HJGT team series will consist of 40 events throughout the country. Each major market the HJGT hosts events will get 1 team format series event in 2017. Teams of 5 and in some tournaments teams of 3 will be formed. Teams can feature players in any age division and any gender.
- All players will play their normal set of tees inside their division. Juniors can form their own team by signing up as a team of 5 before the registration deadline. Players are NOT required to sign up as a team, players can sign up individually. At any of the team series events if a player signs up for this event and does not have a team the HJGT will staff will randomly place you on a team 5 days before the event and you will receive that info via email.
- If you sign up as a team of five on the registration page you will save 15% off an individual entry fee. If you don’t have a team yet, just give us a call and we can reserve a spot for you on a team or set you up with a team discount code (15 percent off) to use and share with other perspective team members .
- Essentially you are getting 2 events for the price of 1.The champions of all HJGT team series events will be provided with a brand new personalized golf carry bag as well as each winning team and runner up team at each event will be invited to the HJGT national team championship in November 2017.
- There will be an allocation of five teams for qualifying players who wish to attend the Team Series National Championship, who’s full team is unable to attend.
- Team pricing which will save players 15% off regular entry fees. For example, if you sign up 5 players at $199 entry fee it would cost $995. If you take advantage of team pricing your team will pay $845.75 ($149.25 savings). Team pricing will only be available to players who sign up before the deadline as a team.
- Sign up and guarantee your spot on a team with your friends.
5 players will compete on a team. Players can be of any division or gender and all players will compete from their normal tees inside their age division. We will count the best 4 out of 5 scores per day. The team who has the lowest gross scores over 2 days will be the team series event.
Growing the game through the team series
Since inception in 2007, the HJGT has strived to grow this wonderful game through junior golf. We have been successful at doing this over the years and with this new team series concept in 2017 we are continuing on that path that has led us to be the largest junior golf tour in the United States. By offering players this additional opportunity at events throughout the country we are bringing a fun and competitive concept in junior golf that has never been done on a regular basis. We are exposing more junior golfers to competitive golf than ever before by offering the opportunity to sign up and compete with 5 of your friends. Not only does this help grow the game of golf across the country but also offers a great experience for parents, family members, coaches, and junior golf supporters. Being able to travel and attend junior golf events with other player’s families will build life long bonds and wonderful relationships. Building these memories together as a team is a valuable part of this series when golf is mostly played as an individual sport.
Who can form a team?
Anybody who is eligible to play on the HJGT can form a team of 5. Players can form a team mixed within different age divisions and genders. Players will play their own respective age division tees. Players are encouraged to form their teams from the following source
Players can form a team that represent their home golf course, high school team, city, state, etc. You can even form a team with friends from rival high schools, middle schools, or golf courses! This is designed to be a competitive, fun, and exciting new series within an HJGT event that promotes a team atmosphere and camaraderie.
Prizes and what’s at stake at every HJGT team series event
The champions of all HJGT team series events will be provided with a brand new golf carry bag. These custom golf bags will be embroidered with the player’s name and the HJGT logo. All 5 players will receive their bag within 21 days of winning the event and it will be shipped directly to your home.
Every winning team and runner up team at each event will be invited to the HJGT national team championship Nov. 18-19 at Mission Inn right outside of Orlando, FL. Your team will compete against top competition at a premier venue.